Wednesday, February 15, 2012

reading fiction

I've read a novel every night of my life, when possible. Not the whole book in one night, but enough to enter into another world, leave my own troubles or hum-drum behind.

Sometimes during the day, if I am particularly glad to be alive after something... I'll indulge in reading fiction in the daytime. Sitting comfortably in an arm chair with my feet up.

When I started writing a novel. I stopped reading. I also stopped listening to the news in the morning, which is how I used to wake up.

I wanted to tune into my own mind, my own stories and my own subconscious without too much interference from other voices.

And I think its a good idea, when you're writing creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome! Tell us about your reading, watching, books or writing too.